26 May €4.99m for four capital projects in Mayo
THE announcement of significant funding for capital works at Mayo University Hospital to the tune of €4.81 million has been welcomed by Fine Gael TD Alan Dillon
As part of the ongoing upgrade of facilities in County Mayo, the Minister for Health has announced €4.99 million for four capital projects.
These works, he explained, include:
- Replacement (CNU) Community Nursing Unit at Ballina
- Replacement (CNU) Community Nursing Unit at Belmullet
Major Upgrades at Mayo University Hospital
- €3.91m for an electrical upgrade;
- €530,000 for reconfiguration and upgrade of the Hospital Sterile Services Department;
- €300,000 New ground floor extension to Emergency Department (ED) and reconfiguration of existing emergency department with an additional 7 assessment and treatment spaces. New Medical Assessment Unit at first floor with an additional 10 new assessment spaces. Reconfiguration of C Ward to facilitate the new build tie-in and provide additional isolation rooms.
- €70,000 Update Development Control Plan for hospital campus and adjacent lands in conjunction with Mayo Co. Council Local Area Plan.
Also in Castlebar, €100,000 for the refurbishment of two High Support Community Residences, An Coilín and Teach Aisling to accommodate nine residents in three residential units.
“This is hugely important to improvement the services and conditions for the residents of these units with complex needs ,” concluded Deputy Dillon.