15 Apr New €15 million Community Centre Fund
- Grants of between €10,000 and €300,000 available for upgrade and refurbishment works to Community Centres
Mayo TD Alan Dillon has welcomed a new €15 million capital fund to support community groups for the upgrade and refurbishment of Community Centres.
Deputy Dillon said, “My colleague, Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, has today announced The Community Centres Investment Fund, this is an investment in both rural and urban communities across the Country.
Funding will be available under 3 Categories with grants of between €10k and €300K available:
Category 1: Small scale projects/improvements to facilities – €10,000 to €25,000.
Category 2: Larger scale projects – €25,001 to €100,000.
Category 3: Major projects- €100,001 to €300,000.
Applications under Category 2 and 3 must include a minimum contribution of 5% of the total project costs from the applicants own funds.
Funding is available for capital works such as: –
- Works to improve communal facilities such as kitchen and toilet facilities
- Energy retrofitting, new windows / doors / heating systems
- Upgrades to lighting systems and stage areas
- Works to address safety concerns, including as a result of fire safety audits
- Works to improve disability access
- Improvements to assist in providing additional or better services to the community such as Meals for the Elderly & youth facilities
- Works to develop Community Centres as Social Hubs through the development of Community Cinemas, Youth Hubs and Community Libraries
- Essential maintenance works, repairs to roof, etc
Deputy Dillon conclude, “Community Centres and Parish Halls are the core in many rural towns and villages, especially here in County Mayo, and I would urge all community groups to familiarise themselves with the application process and criteria well in advance of submitting their application.
There will be a two-stage application process with applicants asked to register their organisation in advance of the formal application process going live.
Registration will open on Tuesday 3rd May 2022, applicants need to register as ‘users’ on the portal in advance of the application process opening on Tuesday 7th June 2022. The closing date for applications is Thursday 14th July 2022.
The Department will be hosting a number of online information events in May and June 2022 to provide guidance in relation to the application process and details will be released in due course.Guidelines and a sample application form are now available at www.gov.ie/drcd.