30 Sep Up to €6.4million in Government funding through SEAI for 15 energy projects in Mayo – Dillon
– Mayo punching above its weight in SEAI Community Energy Upgrades approvals for 2021;
– Projects approved in Ballina, Ballinrobe, Ballyhaunis, Charelestown, Clare Island, Newport, Tourmakeady, and Westport;
– 15 projects resulting in grant-aid of €6,429,524 and a total investment of €16,274,571 in sustainable energy projects for the county.
The Government has allocated over €6.4million in funding through SEAI for 15 community and home energy projects, a Fine Gael TD has said.
Deputy Alan Dillon said recipients of the grants, administered by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI), include public sector projects, sports facilities, community buildings and local businesses and homes.
The Minister for the Environment, Climate and Communications, Eamon Ryan TD, today (Thursday) announced 83 community and home energy projects to receive grant funding of €57 million under the Community Energy Grant Scheme. This substantial government investment supports projects that will achieve energy savings which will amount to €156 million, or 25,000 MWh, each year.
Deputy Dillon said: “This important Government investment will deliver energy upgrades to at least 15 homes and community and commercial projects throughout the county. Representing grant-aid of over €6.4million benefiting at least 15 projects, it will result in a total investment of over €16million into projects benefitting many parts of Mayo.”
Examples of the grants for Mayo include:
- Ballinrobe WWTP Co. Mayo (Aeration upgrade)
- Westport WWTP Co. Mayo (aeration and pump upgrade)
- Western Care Association Ballina Co Mayo propose lighting insulation glazing and insulation upgrades to their building
- Western Care Association Newport Co Mayo propose glazing upgrades to their building
- Parochial Hall Ballyhaunis, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo is proposing a heat pump and lighting upgrade
- Tourmakeady Tourist Office, Tourmakeady, Co. Mayo is proposing Storage heating upgrade
- Mayo County Council, Rathroeen Civic Amenity Centre, Ballina, Co. Mayo is proposing wall insulation upgrade and PV
- St. Attractas Nursing Home, Charlestown, Co. Mayo is proposing wall and roof insulation upgrades with heating controls
- Clare Island Creche, Clare Island Co. Mayo is proposing roof insulation and lighting upgrade
- Tim Kelly Group Head Office, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo are proposing insulation upgrade and AHU
- Shaws Ballina Co. Mayo propose lighting upgrades
- Supervalu Castlebar Co Mayo are proposing lighting upgrades
- PKD Retail Ltd T/A Mace Castlebar Co. Mayo, are proposing cooling and refrigeration upgrades
- Maharishi Island of World Peace, retreat centre, Westport Co. Mayo is proposing a heat pump upgrade
- Churchfield Home Services
Deputy Dillon continued “Recipients will benefit from warmer buildings that are better for their health as well as more efficient buildings that will ensure lower energy bills. Overall, this funding will lead to a reduction in harmful CO2 emissions. As per the Government’s ambitious Climate Action Plan, communities play a central role in achieving our climate action ambitions. “
“The projects will also deliver significant employment benefits here in County”, Deputy Dillon concluded.